Dev: SM: Reverse Geocoding
The Reverse Geocoding API provides a rich geocoding solution. It is both very accurate and fast.
- Your API key
x1, y1 ... xN,yN
- The X (E-W) and Y (N-S) coordinates. These are in decimal degrees.
- (optional) - The the nearest road will only be returned if it's within the specfied range, in meters.
- (optional) - The results will be returned in XML format
- (optional) - The results will be returned in Symbolic format
- (optional) - The maximum speed limit of roads within the range, specified in meters, is returned.
- (optional) - The nearest road with a label will be returned. The maximum search range for a labelled road is 5km.
Return - CSV (Default)
If neither xml=1 or sym=1 are specified, a simple CSV list will be returned - this contains only basic information:
- Fields which cannot be calculated are returned as "-" ... this applies should there be no road in the specified range.
- The ExtraInfo field is populated if there's no road match, it will be a description of the position of the point, in plain english
Return - Symbolic Format
Should sym=1 be specified, the results are returned in symbolic format:
The format is a number of symbol=data pairs, delimited by a / slash. The symbols may be:
NM Road Name SU Suburb CI City PR Province X X coordinate passed in Y Y coordinate passed in EX Extra data MS Maximum speed in a "M" radius (if areaspeed parameter is used)
Return - XML
The return from the XML format is quite self-explanatory. A few fields need to be clarified:
ROADS_MAJOR National Road ROADS_MAIN Municipal Road ROADS_MAIN_O Other Main Road ROADS_RAMP Ramp or Slipway ROADS_SUB Suburban Roads ROADS_SUB_O Other, smaller, suburban roads ROADS_SEC Secondary Roads ROADS_TRACK Tracks ROADS_TRAIL Trails ROADS_PRIVATE Private Roads ROADS_OTHER Unclassified Roads