Dev: SM: Sending us info
Sending Data To Streetmaps
For Streetmaps To import your POI’s we would need you to create a XML page for us to access in the below format.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <results set="Always active"> <point cat_id="108" caption="my point" ref="" > <xy x="30.32334" y="-29.34562"/> <area location="South Africa/Eastern Cape/Aberdeen" /> <extradata ref="5" description="Family Rooms" data="3"/> <extradata ref="1" description="Star Grading" data="5" /> <extradata ref="67" description="URL" data="www.myurl.co.za" /> </point> </results>
- Set (string) Your Unique key we use to group all your points together
- cat_id (int) Your Point must use one of our categories. List can be found here https://www.streetmaps.co.za/categories.asp
- caption (string) Caption / title of your Point
- x and y (float) The point on the map EG : x=30.32342 y=-29.3223 , you can get the GPS Coords from the main streetmaps site.
NB!! This tag or the Area tag must be entered
- location (string) The Province / suburb / town your point is located in. the name must be match our list which can be found here https://www.streetmaps.co.za/api/data/towns.asp
NB!! This tag or the XY tag must be entered
- ref (int) our ref number for that data type
- description (string) our description of the data type
- data (string) Your data, regarding the Point.
- you can have as many of these tags that discribes your POI as you need
- A list of OUR data name and types can be found here https://www.streetmaps.co.za/api/data/metadata.asp